Home » Dental Services » Dental Implants
Restore Your Missing Teeth
If you’re embarrassed by your incomplete smile, you’re not alone. Did you know over 100 million adult Americans experience the same, very common issue of missing or broken teeth? Luckily, you don’t have to settle for teeth that don’t make you smile. In many cases, dental implants are a perfect permanent solution.
Implants are one of the strongest teeth restorations which are specifically used to replace missing teeth. They are small posts made from strong and highly durable materials like titanium which are secured into your jaw bone so they can support a crown, bridge, or denture. Over time your bone will grow around the implant, making a permanent structure in your mouth.
Dental implants are designed to stand the test of time and are very easy to care for. Simply brush, floss, and visit your dentist as usual!
Why Choose Dental Implants?
Implants can seem intimidating for many reasons. You may be unsure about the procedure, healing, or longevity, which is understandable. In reality, they are best solution we have to fill in missing teeth and have an excellent success rate of upwards of 95%. Here are some more reasons to consider implants:
- They are long-lasting with the standard implant stud lasting more than 15 to 20 years.
- Implants promote better jawbone health as they hold the bone intact and reduce its shrinkage.
- Implants support crowns, bridges, and dentures which can be customized to match the exact contour, size, and color of the adjoining natural teeth.
- They restore oral functionality and allow you to smile confidently.
- Implants are the strongest teeth restorations. They don’t easily break, crack, or get displaced when you bite, chew food, or carry on with your regular oral activities.
- They feel exactly like your natural teeth, so much so that you won’t be able to tell they’re there.
There are several types of implants available depending on your needs. Our dentist will review your options with you and let you know their recommendations. They may also refer you to our implant specialist partners in some cases.
If you have a decaying tooth, they may recommend a tooth extraction first before decisions about implants are made.
Schedule a Dental Implant Consultation in San Antonio
To find out if dental implants are right for you, make an appointment with our team. They will consult with you and conduct some tests to determine if you’re a good candidate or if another cosmetic dentistry alternative may be a better fit.